Sunday, June 19, 2011

Gunfire and Goldfish!

I have come to believe that I am just sweating out all the toxins in my body.
(I only walked to the river.)

Went to the river
found us some friends
couldnt speak the language
just sort of pretend
but...
none of that really mattered
and all was well
the kids around us gathered
that was the deal...
[ That is pretty much the extent of the river visit. It was quite fun. We exchanged numbers with three young ladies who live here... This exploration was incentive to really learn the language. Gotta love it! ]

The other night I heard shots that sounded like gun fire. I just laid in the bed... more shots fired and the next thing you know my roommate was inquiring in my room. We went to the window and people were gathered in the street; music was playing loudly... We didn't know what to think of it. After seeing fireworks, we felt more secure and went back to bed. In the morning, we asked Aadesh (host brother) what it was. He explained to us that it was a wedding. During weddings a lot of non sense goes on but without it, there is no fun...he says. This information was a big relief to my roomy ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment